So back in sixth grade I started my personal tradition of decorating my school notebooks. Back then I used primarily composition notebooks (mostly because that’s what my school required) so I would cover them in fabric. Something like this. But then high school came along and I suddenly had the freedom to choose which notebooks I wanted to use. So I began using spiral bound notebooks. I couldn’t really do the same thing anymore. Thats when freshman me realized I could do some collage covers on some of my notebooks. So one afternoon I sat down cut out some pictures from some magazines and modge podged them to some spiral bound notebooks. Unfortunately, I only ended up making two. So when this year came around I decided to harness my notebook covering skills and create a plethora of notebooks to use.
Here is the result…
For all these notebooks I used modge podge to attach whatever paper I was using to the front cover of the notebooks. I also did 3-4 coats of modge podge over the top of all of them.
To make this notebook I painted a piece of paper a dark navy blue acrylic paint and then used white acrylic paint to make the constalations/stars.
First I pressed some flowers. Then I used modge podge to attack them to a piece of construction paper which I glued to the notebook.
To make this one I just cut out a piece of map the right size to fit the notebook.
To make this one I printed out the Sasquatch part, glued it to a piece of construction paper, and then glued that to the notebook.
The head design I found in a magazine, cut it out, and glued it to a piece of white paper.
I found all these images in a magazine, arranged them, and then glued them directly to the notebook.
This one is also made out of images from a magazine glued to the notebook.
This one too.
Finally, this one is from an illustration by Matt Blease which I printed out and glued to a notebook.
I hope you enjoyed this post!