You know guys, it’s weird but I’m feeling pretty good about 2017. Maybe it’s only because last year was so awful? Who can say… but I am definitely very enthusiastic about some things lying on the horizon. Here are a few…
1. The Nintendo Switch Release
Oh man, it’s coming you guys! My family got a Wii in 2008 for Christmas, which we broke around 2011, then finally got a WiiU during Christmas 2015 when it was on sale. My hype for this machine is pretty crazy, largely because it would be super well fitted for college life and because of…
2. Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild
Guys- this game is gorgeous and huge and it’s a new Legend of Zelda. I only recently started playing Zelda games, Twilight Princess being my introduction, but I love the quirky and magical world of Hyrule and can’t wait to get to see it in a fresh new way.
3. Lady Layton for IOS
I didn’t bring my family’s WiiU with me to college, but I do have a cell phone 😉 and the newest Professor Layton features the Professor’s daughter Lady Layton. I loved playing Professor Layton on my DS as a kid and can’t wait to revisit the series!
4. Uncover McGill
Uncover McGill is right around the corner! It’s a week when McGill’s Christian organizations come together and hold seminars to foster discussion on faith and spirituality. I am sooooo excited to go and bring my friends to seminars discussing the intersection of science and religion, forgiveness, sexuality, and much more! If you are a McGill student, you definitely should go to a seminar, some even have free food 😉
Okay, I admit it, I’m kind of a huge nerd. And one of the highlights of my year is Fanime, a large Bay Area anime convention. Michelle and I dress up and get to play games, go to panels, and meet other fans! It’s a huge amount of fun and this year we may even bring Melodie and Satta!
Michelle’s New Years Tag
Now I’m going to answer the questions in Michelle’s New Years Tag, feel free to answer them yourselves in the comments!
1. If you could look back on one memory from last year that you wish you could relive, what would it be?
The exact moment when we lifted off in the sled during winter camp! It was so awesome!
2. What was one new years resolution that you accomplished?
I got into college, so I think I did pretty well with my goals!
3. 3 words to describe last year?
Tough, crazy, fun.
4. Best music related creation/inspiration last year by an artist in your opinion?
I’m not sure if this was in the last year, but I really enjoyed Owl City’s Mobile Orchestra.
5. Something your looking forward to this coming year?
Fanime, skating, getting to know my friends better.
6. What did last year teach you?
God’s got you. He has a plan and you really should spend last time worrying.
7. What was your most worn clothing item of last year?
Hahaha probably my trusty jeans. I love jeans.
8. If you had to sum up your year in one word, what would it be
9. What are you hoping for more of this coming year?
More A+ grades. LOL
10. What are you hoping for less of this coming year?
Anxiety and stress.
11. Best book you read last year?
Foundation and Empire by Isaac Asimov
12. What is your New Year’s resolution for the upcoming year?
I want to be better at managing my time and I want to dedicatedly study my Bible. I’ve thought of so many interesting things to get Biblical perspective on!